Go for an easy dive at Blue Lagoon and its extension Jepun. Enjoy 3 dives on a package for certified divers, or learn diving basics with an introductory trip that includes 2 dives for beginners.
From your hotel in Bali, transfer to Padangbai (1 hour and 15 minutes travel time). We ride a boat to Blue Lagoon just north of Padangbai, a treasure trove of marine life. The steep white sand beach is littered with rocks, soft corals and staghorn coral. Watch out for a large napoleon wrasse that is said to be occasionally sighted in the area. Observe several kinds of reef shark, rays, stonefish, moray and blue ribbon eels, cuttlefish, nudibrances, squid and octopus, and many more.
Diving at Blue Lagoon is considered easy, but it doesn’t mean professional or experienced divers can’t have some there! Visibility is 15 to 20 meters, with occasional surges and mild currents to spice things up. Try diving at Jepun, an extension of Blue Lagoon and has a white sand bottom. Chances are you will spot frog fish at the artificial reef in the area. Jepun hosts a wide variety of marine life, including Rhinopias, Leaf scorpionfish,Solarpowered nudibranch, seamoths ghostpipefish, Flamboyant cuttlefish, Cockatoo waspfish, shrimps, crabs, Thorny seahorse, among others.
Option: Diving Trip for Beginners
If you’re new to diving or want to know what it’s all about, choose to join our Introductory Dives instead. Pay close attention as our English-speaking instructor walks you through the basics of diving. Test your newly-learned diving skills first in shallow water before proceeding to Blue Lagoon/Jepun for the 2 dives included in your package. Enjoy lunch and other amenities as indicated below.
Option: Non-Divers – Snorkeling Only
If you do not want dive but want to accompany your group to the site, you may opt to choose the Non-Divers option. This option has the same inclusions as the Certified Driver except it will not be joining the diving part of the tour. Instead you will have free use of snorkeling gear so you may snorkel around the area.
Dives will be conducted in a guaranteed small group with the following client / instructor ratio:
Certified divers: 1 dive guide instructor to a maximum of 4 guests.
Beginners: 1 dive guide instructor to a maximum of 2 guests.
– Pick-up from and drop-off at hotels in Bali
– 3 dives at Blue Lagoon and Jepun (2 dives for Introductory Dive Package)*
– Lunch and unlimited bottled water .
– English-speaking divemaster/instructor
– Tanks, weights, booties/fins, mask/snorkel
– MSIG Diver Medical Insurance
– Use of beach towels
– Free use of snorkeling gear for non-divers
– Dive equipment rental (BCD, reg and wetsuit)
– Personal expenses
– Optional activity costs
– Tips and gratuities
– Rates quoted for travel dates starting 01 April 2015 are for 2 dive sites for certified divers only. Please inquire for beginner/introductory diver package rates.
– Pick-up times vary depending on traffic and hotel location.
– The transfer to Tulamben from Bali takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes
– If guests decide for any reason to not use any/all/part of the pre-booked services, there will be no compensation/reimbursement, nor are those services transferable
– For certified divers, a minimum Open Water certification is required to take this trip. Children can join as long as they are certified Junior Open Water divers. Diving certification card and logbook must be presented to dive staff on the first day of diving.
– For beginners, knowing how to swim is required. Due to strict PADI regulations, children must be at least exactly 10 years old to join (9 years 11 months not allowed).
– In order to avoid delay in processing your reservation, please provide the following upon booking:
**Level of certification (For Certified Divers only)
**Approximate number of dives (For Certified Divers only)
**Approximate date of last dive (For Certified Divers only)
**Equipment needed (BCD, wetsuit, regulator, dive computer, 15 liter tank, Nitrox)
– Full name, height, weight and shoe size per participant will be required upon booking
– 25% Cancellation Fee (75% reimbursement): 46 days prior to date of activity.
– 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 46 day before the date of activity.